The biggest dogs in the fight and named “Worst Company in America” 2 years running. Sure, they talk a big game but last year, they left me sorely disappointed with the lack of big news or games that were relevant to my interests (IE Not Battlefield.)
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare – Funny gameplay video spoofing the Modern Warfare series, taking the game from a top down strategy game to a 3rd person shooter. Coming to Xbone and 360.
- Peggle 2 – God dammit. I thought I was free! (No footage though.)
- Star Wars: Battlefront – I’m not a Star Wars guy, but at least it’ll get the fans to shut the fuck up about it never coming, I guess.
- Need For Speed: Rivals – Cool looking game, even if I’m not a fan of racing games. Also there’s a movie coming soon with Aaron Paul from Breaking bad in it. So. Not all bad… Unless it’s a Uwe Boll film (No, Uwe. I won’t fight you. Suck one.)
- EA UFC – Despite my initial disappointment that THQ had given the license to EA (It evidently didn’t matter that THQ did, because they went under soon after) this may be a pretty good game. Plus, if that sweet cage launch kick makes it into the finished product, I will be a very happy camper.
- Mirrors Edge 2 – I’m so happy this is being made. I’m hoping they learned from the mistakes of the past, and move forward with the franchise.
- Their production team, apparently. From us hearing (very quiet) production chatter and the fact that my version of the video (This is either EA or IGN’s fault. I’m heading more towards IGN on this) had SEVERE audio sync issues. Bastards.
- The fact that Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare will come to the 360 later than the Xbone version. :/
Sony are the ones with the most eyes on them. Microsoft dropped the ball majorly on the XBone. Now it’s time for Sony to race ahead in the next gen war, since Nintendo… Well.. Nah. And Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with their DRM heavy, totalitarian system (which may or may not be a spying device.)
- Batman: Arkham Origins – Only a small taste of gameplay with this trailer, but it looks just as good as the usual Rocksteady Arkham games, so I believe we’re in good hands with these new developers working on the engine and gameplay.
- PS4 – Sure, it looks like the Xbox One if it were in italic form, but it looks pretty cool to me. I don’t pay for a console to look at it, I pay to play games on it.
- The Order: 1886 – Okaaay, it is an old Victorian style game, steampunk and with guns. Futuristic guns. Intriguing.
- Final Fantasy XV – Looking REALLY good here. The game formerly known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII looks to be a very different beast to the usual Final Fantasy gameplay, which can only be a good thing.
- Mad Max – Small trailer, a dude begging for death only to have his request denied because of only having one shotgun shell. The protagonist drives away, only to race full speed ahead and crush the dude’s skull. BAM.
- PS4 supports used games. Cool! Also, first party games will not have mandatory DRM (Suck it, M$) although, it’s up to 3rd party devs whether their dames have DRM. We’re looking at you, EA.
- Watch_Dogs – Oh, Ubisoft… You so trollin’. We get our new footage and it’s on Sony’s stage. Swines. The game looks really good, as we already know and took us through a rescue mission where Aiden didn’t even have to enter the building. Was slick as. Glad we didn’t have to wait too long for new footage, you sly bastards.
- NBA 2k14 – Minor stuff. Lebron’s video game counterpart’s mouth looks weird. That’s it.
- Destiny – May be an unpopular opinion, but it’s mine. Looks too much like Halo for me to be fully interested in it. Aliens. Spacecrafts. Guns. The only interesting thing is public events, but that’s not going to hold my interest for a great deal. Impress me, Bungie.